Monday, April 27, 2009

Waiting and waiting...


So, it shouldn't be long now I keep telling myself. The reality of it is that with each day that passes, I feel my sanity slipping. Oh there are many things I could be doing to pass the time, clean my house, do my laundry, get ready for my mom to visit. (Why is it I always feel the need to deep clean when mom comes?) The problem with doing all these things is no matter how much I do, it never gets completely done! Just when one room is put in order, Annie has dumped the cereal on the floor in the kitchen or Jackson comes home from school and drops books, backpacks, coats on the floor in the living room I just spent 1 hour organizing. Nope, too exhausting for this prego woman to keep up with right now! (It must have something to do with the fact that I CAN"T BEND OVER!) Still, I try not to just sit around and WAIT! and WAIT! The truth is that I truly can't wait to not be pregnant anymore, to get my body back (it would be great if I could tie my shoes without having to practically do the splits sitting on my bed), but most of all to see this little one who has been kicking me for the last few months. I am most curious about her hair. Will it be red like Sara and Jackson or a blondie like Gracie and Annie. She will be the tie breaker. Will it be curly like Gracie or stick straight like Annie's. Will she come out wide eyed (Sara, Jackson) or screaming and her hands in fists (Gracie)? Will she be mellow and laid back like Sara or a little crazy like Jackson? Will she have bits and pieces of all the kids or something competely all her own? These are the things that cross my mind while I wait and wait and wait...

4 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Oh, Nichole, darling... soon, soon. Soon this precious little girl will be in your arms and then you'll turn a little loco like me! ;) Can't wait to meet the newest little one on the block! She's got a little buddy waiting... :)

Unknown said...

I feel for you. I hope she has a little of all your kids. We love all of them. You are an awesome lady!

Hill Family said...

Congrats on little Olivia! Hope mom and baby are doing well.

Rachael said...

I'm so glad that you're back - to posting on your blog AND from the hospital!! I can't wait to come take a peek at her. Congratulations!!!