Saturday, September 20, 2008

A word about Tiger Cat





When we moved from Utah, Cody and I both had to drive a different car. To stay in touch, we had those little hand held radios. I had Sara and Gracie in the van with me and Cody and Jackson were in our other car. Cody assigned us all "CB" names that we have used since. Jackson's alias is TIGER CAT!
Tiger Cat has always been been fun and full of life. He came barrelling into this world (literally) fast and furious. Had him all natural. By the way, Carol Burnett's description of natural childbirth is absolutely correct. She said its like taking your lower lip and pulling it over your head. Thank heavens he came so fast! Almost had him in the car! The moment I saw his face, I knew I was in for a wild ride. He is fun loving, kind hearted and brave. We went to California Adventure and I made him promise to go on the Tower of Terror with me. When we got there, he wasn't sure he wanted to keep that promise but in the end he did. Screamed through the whole thing and held my hand like a vice but he was there right beside me, brave little dude!
As he gets older, I enjoy more and more his antics, his crazy style and especially his laugh! I can see so clearly in my mind's eye Tiger Cat all dressed up in suit and tie, nametag and scriptures in hand, red hair freckles and all. It will be a bittersweet moment then but for now, I want to see if I can get him to go on the Tower of Terror again with me.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

He's a cute kid. He has such a cheerful disposition. I look forward to seeing him every week.

Laura said...

Ditto. You just gotta love Jackson!

debi said...

Love this post! He does have a million dollar face!! and he is darn lucky to have a "Tower of Terror Mom"

Rachael said...

Jackson is a hero at our house. how can you not love that kid? Carver's adopted him for life!

Ronda said...

That's a great story, and "Tiger Cat" is purrfect for him! He is such a fun kid. I have really enjoyed him in scouts. He has such a vivaceous (help me Debi) personality!

Bennett Family said...

He's a riot! Cute kid.